I’ve always been a huge fan of iced tea. So refreshing with just a hint of caffeine, there is nothing quite like a tall glass of freshly brewed, unsweetened (yes, I just went there) iced tea.
Brewing it at home has always seemed kind of stressful and intimidating, until I tried these instructions. No sun or boiling water required, and this method works instantly (without having to use the kinda-gross-gritty-instant variety.
- Put in 2 teaspoons of loose tea or 2 tea bags for every cup (8 oz) of tea.
- Fill your pitcher or glass halfway with hot water.
- Let the tea steep for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on personal preference.
- Fill the pitcher or glass up the rest of the way with cold water, then take out the tea leaves or bags.
- Pour your tea over ice and serve.