After a jam-packed trip to Washington, D.C., I’m having trouble finding the words to put to all of the feelings and experiences and thoughts and questions that I have. So, maybe writing it out will do me some good — as I have a lot of 31 Days posts to catch up on! We had full schedules during our trip, leaving no time (or brainpower, eek!) for me to sneak away to write some posts! So, I hope you will forgive me for my lack of writing for the past couple of days — but have no fear, I’m baaaack!
And I hope that you’ll join me as I process what it was like to bring our family of four (and one fearless grandma!) to our nation’s capitol for the National Coalition on Adoption’s Angels in Adoption awards. (You can read more about how we received the honor here.)
I have thoughts on thoughts on thoughts about everything that we experienced, so I think the best way to share those with you wonderful people is to give each day its own post, and go from there. You with me?
What we’ll be talking about:
- The patience, grace, and insanity needed to travel with a 3 year old + a baby
- The amazing families we met who live the kingdom at home, fully, every day
- What it was like to tour the U.S. Capitol (during a government shutdown, none-the-less!)
- Conflicting feelings + the internal struggle I have on government, politics, and the Kingdom of God
- The Angels in Adoption 2013 Gala speakers who made me cry
- Seeing the trip through the eyes of the child
- The importance of leaning on others as a family
- Life wealth, power, and success: Kingdom style
- Caring for children at home through adoption, foster care, advocacy, and encouragement
So, I hope that you’ll join me, and chime in on your thoughts, too!
It was an incredible time, and one that will go down in our family history books, but man.
It’s good to be home.
[If you’d like to subscribe by e-mail, enter your e-mail address in the space in the sidebar!]