Style for busy moms means choosing pieces that are aren’t only fresh and fuss-free, but comfortable and versatile, too. Inspired by some mixing and matching from my own closet, I came up with a little inspiration for you mamas out there who might be finding yourself in a spring style slump. Spring weather in Iowa is kind of unpredictable, so I’m a big fan of this outfit’s layers.
These pieces easily transition from play date to date night, and are simple enough that you probably have similar items tucked away in a drawer. Here’s to not wearing yoga pants seven days of the week!
1. Army green skinnies. Mine are from the Gap and don’t have visible pockets, but these Current/Elliott low-rise jeans give you an idea of what to look for. Opt for pants that are slim-fitting but loose enough that you can chase after your kiddos. Sometimes I roll them up just a tiny bit — shout out to my mom for teaching me out to rock an ’80s pinch-roll.
2. Loose white tee. A drapey, featherweight t-shirt balances the jeans. The one pictured is a jersey top from H&M. Everyone should have a basic white tee.
3. Layered bronze necklace. Going with the army feel, this Noonday Collection and TOMS collaboration Konjo necklace is made out of beads created from upcycled artillery that has been melted down and reformed. How cool is that? I love how the bronze and gold mingle. If you have a little one who likes to pull on your necklace, wait until the evening to throw this necklace on. You might be surprised by how much it dresses up the look.
4. Aviators. You’ll rarely spot me on a walk or at the park without my sunglasses. I wish I could say it’s because I’m so cool, but my contacts just make my eyes sensitive to the sun. But that sounds kind of nerdy, so I’m just going to go with I rock the shades because I’m such a hip mom. These Tom Ford amber aviators mesh well with this casual look that takes cues from military colors.
5. Jean Jacket. Can we talk about how much I’m loving my jean jacket right now? This one is from Rag & Bone, but I have a similar Levi’s denim jacket that has been sitting in my closet and is now getting new life. A sturdy, awesome-fitting denim jacket can pull any look together. I think a lighter wash looks best and is a fresh update on the darker denim of the mid-2000’s.
6. TOMS. I’m on my feet all day. All. Stinkin’. Day. I need comfy shoes that will provide good support as I’m lugging our wagon up the hill to the park. I’m a huge fan of TOMS and a pair of classic white TOMS are probably the most versatile summer shoe you can buy.
7. Bronze bracelet. Since Asher is always grabbing my necklaces, I often accessorize with arm parties. This Metallic Pearls Bracelet from Noonday gives the appearance of wearing multiple bracelets, but it’s really just one that wraps to your wrist. It’s also made out of upcycled metal and artillery from Ethiopia.
[Affiliate links used when applicable.]